The Struggle Is Real: How I Dealt with Postpartum Depression

Life is full of surprises. It's not always what you expect to be. It is truly unpredictable and you have to be ready for everything. 

Ever since my life turned 360 degrees, everything then was unexpected. From conceiving to giving birth to becoming a mom. My life before my marriage was exciting and I felt free. Though I may have problems I was not worried at all since I only support myself. It all changed after my marriage, I felt secure because I have someone to lean on, to share my problems with, someone who comforts me and takes care of me. I felt at ease knowing I have a partner who will be with me through the ups and downs of life. 

Being in a long distance relationship was fine with me as long as we constantly communicate. And I thought it will still be okay after giving birth, but sadly it wasn't. I felt bad because I was left alone to take care of the baby. I thought taking care of the baby wouldn't be an issue since I took care of a lot of babies before since I was a neonatal ICU nurse. But it was totally different when it comes to your own baby. I was paranoid because of the babies I handled before in NICU thinking that it may happen to my baby. I was on close watch for almost 24 hours and was monitoring for any signs of abnormalities. 

Even if I am a nurse, I am not exempted. As a first time mom, it was expected: being so worried over little things, sleepless nights, breastfeeding from time to time, putting the baby to bed, changing diapers and doing laundry! I had no support and I was super stressed out, truly the struggle is real.  Read more 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Effective Ways on how to use Google Trends for Keyword Research

TWO STEPS TO FIX YOUR SCHEDULE TO START UP AN ONLINE BUSINESS

Why Filipinos are the Best Remote Workers